A CLIL quick scan is a survey carried out at your school during a two to four day visit.
Its aim is to scrutinize your CLIL department from many different angles and to assess your CLIL department’s strengths and weaknesses. At the end of the quick scan, you receive a report including recommendations and an action plan for their implementation. This report is discussed with you and the school management.
Instruments used to carry out the quick scan include:
- an initial intake meeting with the management and/or TTO coordinator
- interview with the TTO coordinator
- observations of (half) CLIL lessons
- questionnaire for CLIL students
- questionnaire for CLIL teachers
- interview with CILL teachers
- interview with CLIL students
A quick scan is excellent preparation for an inspection visit.